1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help with Identifying a Soundgear

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JHadl, Dec 7, 2012.

1. JHadl

JHadl

Dec 7, 2012
    I recently got an all natural finished Soundgear in a trade. I originally thought it was an SR800 but after doing some research it look like an SR1000 from the early 90s. I was hoping you guys might be able to verify that for me or point me in the right direction. Also, I have an offer for $300 on this thing. Is that fair or below value?

I can upload pics in a bit but for now it looks identical to this bass http://www.njuskalo.hr/bas-gitare/ibanez-sr-1200-oglas-3485284

2. IMO, the best of the Soundgear Series are from 800 and up. $300.00 seems a little low for such a good bass. I had a SOUNDGEAR 800, and it was a great bass. I wished the 5 strings had a wider string-spacing. If so, I'd have one.

3. JHadl

JHadl

Dec 7, 2012
    Yeah, I know $300 is probably a little low if it is just a run of the mill SR series, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting rid of a $1000 bass for $300.

4. JHadl

JHadl

Dec 7, 2012
    After searching for a bit longer, it looks like its probably an SR1300.