1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with Inlay please!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bloodfist, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Bloodfist

Bloodfist

Mar 18, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    One of my crown inlays on my Spector Rebop has a dull look to it if your looking straight at it, if you look at it from the side it looks normal. Anyone ever had this problem? I think I might have scuffed it when I was restringing it awhile back, but I'm not sure. I guess my main question is if there is anyway to buff and polish it and what would I use. It doesn't effect anything is just purely cosmetics, and I'd like to restore it.

2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA

I usually address these kinds of issues using the same methods I use to rub out furniture finishes: wet-sanding with fine wet-or-dry abrasives is the starting point; successive steps are determined by the finishes, materials used, and sheen level desired.

Hard to prescribe specific products of procedures without knowing more: What's the fingerboard made of? How's it finished? What are the inlays made of?