1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help with inlays, please

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Gus Autine, Apr 11, 2004.

  1. Gus Autine

    Gus Autine

    Aug 25, 2000
    New York, NY
    I have an old instrument (40 years or so) in which a large rectangular mother of pearl inlay has fallen off. What is the best way to set it back in (i.e., what glue, should it be replaced instead, etc.)

    Thank you.
  2. The original piece was probably installed with hide glue. As a permanent repair, I believe that it is OK to replace it with superglue. I would use a gel type to help fill the voids left over from the old glue.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.