Help with MEC wiring. Coil Split?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mdalamond, Jul 6, 2019.

1. mdalamond

mdalamond Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2012
    SE , North Carolina
    I have search and searched . I'm not very good with electronics so I need it explained for a simple mind. I would like to wire this to coil spit in series as opposed to switching series/parallel. This is a 2017 Warwick $$ Corvette RB. Can anyone help me? Sorry for such a big pic.
    Matt

IMG_1657.JPG

2. mdalamond

Feb 26, 2012
    SE , North Carolina
    Has nobody done this or is it just not a good idea?

3. ex-tension

ex-tension

Jun 11, 2009

Attached Files:

mdalamond likes this.
  4. mdalamond

Feb 26, 2012
    SE , North Carolina
    Thanks for taking the time to do that. I am going to give this a try. I'm not tech savvy so this makes it easy.

5. mdalamond

Feb 26, 2012
    SE , North Carolina
    @ex-tension.
    Thanks so much. I just wired to your schematic along with switching the 250k push pulls out to 500k. What a difference. This is what I was looking for. Thanks for your help.
    Matt

ex-tension likes this.
  6. ex-tension

ex-tension

Jun 11, 2009
    Congratz! I'm glad it worked and you like it. Hope you feel a little bit more tech savvy now. :)
    How do 500k pots work for you, do they increase and decrease the volumes gradualy, do they blend pickups well?

7. mdalamond

Feb 26, 2012
    SE , North Carolina
    500k pots made a huge difference. Really brightened things up. The stock 250k pots sounded very muffled and lot of low end. The sweep is pretty well balanced with a gradual volume increase. I got the new 500k pots at my local bass store. They are nothing special , just $6 made in China replacements. I will probably opt for some better pots down the road but these did the job for the time being.

ex-tension likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021