Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP WITH MY BAND NAME - NEW POLL

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by QORC, May 10, 2005.

1. Amish Rake Fight

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. Atomic Candy Factory

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Bearded Bunny

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Bonsai Kitten

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Puddleleaf

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Hissy Fit

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    we have limited our poll and added just a few and so I'm doing a new poll. PLEASE HELP.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I like Amish Rake Fight. Good mental image.

3. i don't know, but atomic candy factory caught my eye the best. the others just seemed too soft and fuzzy or so ridiculous noone could take you seriously.

4. The first two are great.

5. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Aug 21, 2004
    Onatrio.Canada
    I only like the first two, and if I had to chose I'd go with Amish Rake Fight. The others don't do it for me at all.

peace
    johnny

6. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hmm. Depends. Are you going for "take us seriously" or "we are just musicians messing around trying to play shows wherever we can and gathering fans along the way"?

If serious, none of these really grab me. But if I had to choose, it would be Atomic Candy Factory...though I see that as more a Las Vegas cover band or something.

Bonsai Kitten and Hissy Fit would be awesome if you were girls and you rocked.

Everything else seems to work against you, IMHO.

Then again, I would never have thought "Goo Goo Dolls" or "The Pixies" or "Goldfinger" or "Mr. Big" would have worked either. Shows you how much I know. Scratch that last one... :ninja:

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Back to the drawing board. Most of those names are going to be very difficult for someone drunk to say.

-Mike

8. i like puddleleaf, its neat and is the only one up there that can be taken seriously...
    also amish rake fight is appealing