Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Farout, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Farout

Farout

Jul 29, 2003
  2. Farout

Farout

Jul 29, 2003
    bump need help

3. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I really wouldn't go with it. The seller didn't even list the brands so it is probably not anything you would want to buy.

4. Don't do it man...you can get better deals,that is to broad...you could be getting a piece of wood,a strap,and a box if you don't watch it.:ninja:

-Jon:oops:

5. Farout

Farout

Jul 29, 2003
    hey but those pickpocket things sure are worth the money though right? i mean they hold your picks for you! the envy starts now

6. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    I wouldn't sweat it man. Don't worry too much about what anyone else thinks... it's your first bass, right?

It's new, & more than likely fully functional. You get an amp with it... so what's the problem? There's only about a 200% chance you'll want to upgrade from your starter bass eventually anyway, so who cares?

I WISH I'd gotten started that cheap. You'll be fine, practice lots so you can justify upgrading when you're ready.

7. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Actually I wouldn't go with it, even as my first bass. My first bass is still in my rotation, and in fact I'll be using it next Sunday I play at church. But then again, I bought it knowing well that I'd pursue bass as a long time interest for sure. (My first was a MIA P-Bass if you're curious) and my first amp is my current home practice amp still. I'm one of those people that'd rather save up and buy something nice that I'd use, rather than just getting something cheap to start and dump it later though.

8. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Actually, I can agree with this totally too.. it all comes down to him. He has to decide which is more important for him, getting started right away with a simple but playable starter bass - or waiting and saving for something that will likely be around in years to come. Hell, I've spent well over the $100 or so package he's getting on strings alone in just a year or more. I say strike while the iron's hot & get excited about it. When you get hooked, you WILL want another bass - that's just the way it works.

If it's a matter of value... I'll bet the package is worth $100, so don't worry about wasting your money. If it's not what you want, move on and explore all your options.