1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with my drum machine

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by solomon707, Mar 16, 2009.

1. solomon707

solomon707

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I've seen that a few of you own the Alesis SR-16 drum machine, so I was hoping one of you might be able to help. Mine keeps time just fine within a pattern, but when the pattern is joined up with others to make a song, it goes out of time. Any ideas? Is there some secret setting I need to change to fix this?

2. Hmm... I don't have mine in front of me... what do you mean by out of time? Are you sure the pattern lengths are consistent (always 8 or 4, etc.) The tempo setting should be universal.

3. solomon707

solomon707

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I should have been more clear. It doesn't change time signatures, but if I record it, it gradually goes out of sync with garageband/protools/etc set at the same tempo. The patterns are consistent lengths.

4. Are you syncing to the computer via MIDI? If not, and you're just using audio outputs, I would expect the unit to drift a bit - they are a pretty old design, if not just plain old, depending on your unit.