Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help With my Tuner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jsbassist, Apr 8, 2002.

1. I have been playing for about 6 months, and I finally got a tuner, and it is a Korg GT-3 Guitar Tuner. Well it works fine and eveything, but to tune down, there is no C, or F. So how do I tune down my D string a whole step with no C. I will include a pic so you guys can see it. Go to the attach file to look at my tuner.

2. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Fret "C" on your "A" string:rolleyes:

3. I don't mean to sound stupid, I'm still learning, but WHAT? I know what your saying, but how would that tune it? if you, or someone else could explain with a little more detail.

4. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    If you tuning all your strings down a whole step, Then your "A" string (second down from the top) is now tuned to "G". If this is true, Then "c" is at your 5th fret on 2nd string down. So you hold your 2nd string down at the 5th fret and tune your 3rd string down open(d string) till it sounds the same as the string you have fretted.

If this info is not working for you, tell me exactly how you are tuning each string and to what note so I can be sure to give you correct information. You can't use your tuner cause it is made for "Guitar". These are made for standard tuning: E-A-D-G. So you have to use your ears and relative tuning like you used to before you had a tuner.