1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with Neck Nut on Ibanez SR500

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Stinger2k, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Stinger2k

Stinger2k Guest

May 9, 2010
    The nut on my Ibby sr500 popped off when cleaning my neck. I figured no big deal just clean up the small spots of glue off the neck and the bottom of the nut and glue it back on. But it doesn't seem to fit flush. If I hold level on the neck there is a gap between the nut and the fretboard. Push it forward, or lean it forward to be flush with the fretboard, it is only resting on a portion of bottom of the nut and neck. It's almost like the flat area of the neck where the nut goes is narrower then the nut itself.
    Does anyone know how these nuts set in place on these? I do my on setups but never messed with a nut on any of my basses. Or should I just take it in have a tech do it?
    Any thoughts?

2. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    You can get a new nut from Ibanez.com. Also I'm attaching a pic of the neck. Please note that the string nut fits under the truss rod cover.
    Good luck! :thumbsup:

headstock.