Help with new bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DaveH51, Dec 17, 2012.

1. DaveH51

DaveH51

Aug 4, 2010
    Hi,I've been promised a new bass for Xmas,yay,but I can only go to around £200(GBP);I think I have it narrowed down so I need your input,please!
    Squire Jaguar or Schecter SGR C4?Both brand new,or I also have the chance of a Schecter 004 Elite with set neck for £169!I know this guitar is about 10 years old but would it still be a viable option?It's in v.good general condition with a good action etc.I think they were about £500 new,
    so what do you think,guys?Any suggestions?Thanks Dave

2. BigDaddyO

BigDaddyO Rockin' Ruben

Sep 23, 2007
    All good choices but if it does not have to be new, the Elite would be the superior value. All of my current basses are used and I love them all. Have a great Xmas!

3. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Don't ever concern yourself with the age of an electric guitar/bass, they rarely develop any problems due to age alone. My main bass will be 22 in January, still everybody who picks it up offers me money for it.

Regarding your choices I would go with the Squier but that's purely because I don't get on with the looks of the Schecters. My other bass is a Squier and it's done a ton of gigs, they're really very good these days.

4. the wako kid

the wako kid

May 11, 2011
    Denver,CO
    if you can get the shecter go for it.those things are awesome. my next choice would be the squier vintage modified jaguar special.

also age doesn't matter with guitars,it's condition.in fact the older the better.just ask anyone who owns a '51 precision bass.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021