Help with OBP-3 Wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Donnie B, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Donnie B

Donnie B

Jul 15, 2020
    Hi all,
    So I recently built a stingray clone and used a single Aguilar 4M pickup and an Aguilar OBP-3. Wired it up about a week ago, all looked good, and so plugged it straight into my amp and got no audible output at all. Then after a while I plugged it back in through my compressor and used it to boost the signal and then I can get something out of it, the only problem is all the buzzing I get from boosting it so much. I figured the volume pot might be the issue so I bypassed that, and had no luck same situation. The amp and the cord both work great on my other bass, the pickup is very close to the strings right now. I really don't know where to troubleshoot this further. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear

2. dwizum

dwizum

Dec 21, 2018
    Can you show us the wiring diagram you used, and several good close up photos of the wiring in the bass?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022