1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help with old MM Sabre

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by emblymouse, Jun 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    I am going through an 80 Sabre, and not being a Music Man guy I am less sure of what I've got here. I am at the point of doing a set up and have run into a mystery and need help. I want to adjust the tilt of the heel but I can't figure out what tool to use. I can't quite make out what is down there. Hex? Phillips? Size? Bueller? Nothing grabs when I stick it in:eyebrow:.

EDIT- Got it!. 2.5mm hex. Why metric I don't know....

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. Geri O

Geri O Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    I could have helped if I had seen this earlier, but I'm glad you figured it out.

I have a 79 Stingray that I've all but been given. The last time I asked the owner about it, he said "what bass?". Between his 3 production jobs, a nasty divorce and custody battle, and his own demons, I'm surprised he remembers his name. Three or so years ago, I grew weary of it sitting in our production shop and brought it home. It needs a new preamp which I will eventually get from Nordstrand (original finish removed, it's a grainy natural finish now, so no real value), but I set it up with new strings and it sits on a guitar stand in my office, getting plunked on every once and a while. There was, believe it or not, an envelope in the case with a 2.5mm hex key in it (had to measure it with a micrometer to figure out the size). I play 5-strings, so it doesn't get a lot of use and the owner thought it was worth a lot more than it is because of the problems and mods. So it just sits here with the rest of my basses.

3. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Hey thanks for the post.I love a good back story!

Geri O likes this.