Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with Online Transaction...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Steven Green, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I'm selling my amp and the buyer wants a 48 hr trial period before he pays. The problem with this is I have no recourse if he keeps the amp and doesn't pay up. So, I figured I'd have him pay for an online escrow service like TradeEnable. If he does not agree, are there any other alternatives that would ensure my not getting "burned"? Thanks for any replies!

-Steve

2. If it is an auction thing and U didn't specify a trial period you are under no obligation to do so.

My friend just got done with an escrow deal on a car and it was a lot of waiting for the money. I'm not sure about the details but it turned out ok he just didn't see any money for longer then he would have liked.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I would offer him a 48 hour money back trial. He pays up front - if he doesn't like the amp, he ships it back - you refund his money after you make sure the amp is the same as it was before you shipped it to him - he pays shipping both ways.

If you wanna play, you gotta pay - no free rentals! ;)

4. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    He agreed to send the money, just as long as I fax him a signed, dated statement promising a refund if the item does not work. Thanks guys!