Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with Peavey 115 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Jul 11, 2005.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I have a 115 combo and would like to know how can I run a Peavey 210 cab with my 115 combo? Can that work? Can I run it with my 15 not bypassed? Help :help: I dont how this works. The 210s are 4ohm. Thanks for any help. :) The 115combo 200W @ 4 ohms internal speaker.
    300W (2 ohms) when used with 4-ohm external speaker.

2. look at the back of your amp, if memory serves me right, on the opposite side of the heat sink, the one with the power on/off switch and the ground switch, there should be a 1/4 inch speaker jack(labeled external speaker), run a 1/4 inch cable from that to your 210.

I'm prettey sure that's where you'll find it, im sure it's on the back...

3. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Thank you! I know how to plug in the 210s. My Qestion is can I run my 115 combo in parallel with a 210 cab. Both are 4ohm. :) Thanks

4. I am certainly no expert, but if by parallel you mean at the same time, yes, yes and more yes. The amp is designed that way, the external speaker is not for replacing the 15" but for adding to it ( the 210 adding a punchier sound or whatever the case may be).

Something like that...

5. Roundwound

Roundwound

May 13, 2004
    Peoria, IL
    I had this same exact model (Combo 115) and I ran a 4 Ohm avatar 2x10 as an extension cab. Use the 1/4" connection in the back. The internal speaker of the combo is 4ohms, so running a 4ohm ext. cab will give you 300w@2 ohms.

6. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Thanks for the info. This is why I love TB. :bassist: :D

7. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Does this amp sound better with 210s ? :)

8. Roundwound

Roundwound

May 13, 2004
    Peoria, IL
    It does sound better with the 210s added, it adds more mids and highs that way. Everything put together did fine in mid-sized bars where I used them. I didn't have to put the gain and volume knobs past 5, with very little PA support.

Edit: Here's a pic with me jammin' with the cab and amp combo in the background: http://www.protegerocks.com/images/sr121704/sr121704_18.jpg

9. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Does anybody else have any comments on the peavey 115 combo with a peavey 210 extention cab? Is it good for giging, practice? I want to hear other peoples comments on this. Thanks :D :bassist:

10. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Is my set up going to be loud?