Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help with pickup height on Ibanez BTB 515

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Funkateer, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    I have been attempting to dial in my one month old BTB 515. I think the bad tone I am now experiencing may be due to lowering the action too close to the pickups. Here comes the dumb question: It looks like the pickups are covered, and that any height adjustments are made with them off. However, the two screws could be to adjust pickup height, and I don't want to end up with pickups floating around in the cavity. Can someone confirm that the screws are indeed used only to hold the pickup covers on?

Thanks for your patience.

2. Is your action too low? Or is it at the height you like. If so, try adjusting those screws. Dont undo them too much, if you make say two turns that should be enough to see if the pickup moves up or down.

Is this bass active? If so, check the battery, crappy tone can be a result of a dead battery.

:D:D

Merls

3. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Have two 9 volt batteries on my shopping list. The bass has active EQ, but no preamp. I have been lowering the action, and I still want to see if I can't get it lower. The screws do adjust pickup height.