HELP with project. Bill Lawrence...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Feb 20, 2002.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have decided to make a Roscoe Beck 4 vintage looking jazz bass. I can´t get hold of Bill Lawrence (who makes the pup for the RB5). He hasn´t answered my mails and I dont know if he does a RB4 pup. It´s pretty hard to call him from Sweden too.:rolleyes:
    The other alternative is to go with Rio Grandes powerbucker splittable humbucker pups. What would you do? I want a splittable humbucker that sounds like a vintage jazz in singlecoil mode.
  2. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Call Lundgren Pickups!

I had a chat with him about that a year ago. He can do it (just make sure you don't get too much output!). And he can do it well!

T-bear can do it, too, equally well. But right now, I'm not sure if he is still in business...workin' on finding out..

I too mailed Bill Lawrence a while ago, and after some six weeks, a girl named Lawrence answered. So there may still be a chance you'll get an answer.
  3. Bill Lawrence does not deal with email. His wife, Becky, responds to email as she can. They run a very busy shop, so email won't be answered quickly. Bill is open to phone calls and was kind enough to spend some time with me talking about my project.

I faxed my request to Bill then followed up with a phone call.
  4. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    I have been in contact with him twice by email. It took a few days to get a response and as Bruce said his wife handled it. They are so busy they discouraged me from ordering a set of Jazz pups. For something custom maybe it will be a recieved with a little more enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong, They were very kind and cordial.....just really busy.
  5. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I e-mailed him and he answered two hours later:eek: . Thats service!
    He was just about to make a pair of these kind and gave me a price a little cheaper than Rio Grandes so I guess I will go with Swedish pickups (patriotic?).;)