1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HELP with project. Bill Lawrence...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Feb 20, 2002.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have decided to make a Roscoe Beck 4 vintage looking jazz bass. I can´t get hold of Bill Lawrence (who makes the pup for the RB5). He hasn´t answered my mails and I dont know if he does a RB4 pup. It´s pretty hard to call him from Sweden too.:rolleyes:
    The other alternative is to go with Rio Grandes powerbucker splittable humbucker pups. What would you do? I want a splittable humbucker that sounds like a vintage jazz in singlecoil mode.

2. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Call Lundgren Pickups!
    http://www.come.to/lundgren

I had a chat with him about that a year ago. He can do it (just make sure you don't get too much output!). And he can do it well!

T-bear can do it, too, equally well. But right now, I'm not sure if he is still in business...workin' on finding out..

I too mailed Bill Lawrence a while ago, and after some six weeks, a girl named Lawrence answered. So there may still be a chance you'll get an answer.

3. Bill Lawrence does not deal with email. His wife, Becky, responds to email as she can. They run a very busy shop, so email won't be answered quickly. Bill is open to phone calls and was kind enough to spend some time with me talking about my project.

I faxed my request to Bill then followed up with a phone call.

4. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    I have been in contact with him twice by email. It took a few days to get a response and as Bruce said his wife handled it. They are so busy they discouraged me from ordering a set of Jazz pups. For something custom maybe it will be a recieved with a little more enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong, They were very kind and cordial.....just really busy.

5. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I e-mailed him and he answered two hours later:eek: . Thats service!
    He was just about to make a pair of these kind and gave me a price a little cheaper than Rio Grandes so I guess I will go with Swedish pickups (patriotic?).;)