1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help with recording a Spector bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GMO, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Hello I'm new here, and I need your help in figuring out why my spector legend custom 5 model emits a poorly sound when I'm recording a bass track. I am using an M-Box processor by digidesing with the pro tools program, and for some reason my bass doesn’t sound as good as when I plug it and play it through my Ampeg SVT-350H and my Ampeg SVT-610HLF. After that I switched the spector and plugged in the M-Box my fender jazz bass highway one model, and it sounded fantastic.
    Like they say; a great instrument is one that sounds great at raw without altering its EQ. Personally, I prefer active over passive bass sound for my style, and that spector bass gives me that sound and I don’t change it for anything the world. But I’m frustrated that my fender sounds better in recording than my spector. Is there something wrong with my recording gear or with my bass?