1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help with replacing a Pod HD 500.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Veldar, Apr 13, 2014.

1. So as some of you might know I've got a giant multi effects on my board that takes up almost half of it but I only use it to boost my B7K's volume (since it's in the effects loop and that) and for chorus/reverb, tap temop delay and DI.

EDITED: I just need something that boosts my siginal after the B7K.
    Because the pod pumped up the volume so much it made my PA amp into a 410 sound killer and being in a metal band I need the volume :)

I ran the pod at line level which gave me the volume.

Pedal preferred but rack gear is cool, just keep it under $200 aus.

2. Bump because I finished work.

3. Depending on how many effects you are using at a time I'd get a clean boost and a line 6 stomp box modeler. I use the m5. Has basically all the effects as the pod hd but i can only use one at a time. Which realy isn't a big deal because i have two other pedals on my board. But if you want more effects at time you can also spend more for a m9 or m13. I will say this, i did notice a good amount of improvement in tone suck going from the pod hd to the m5.

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    If you only need a boost...um...how about a boost?

5. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    How about running it into a mic preamp/channel strip or getting a power amp who's input matches the output of you B7K better.

6. So ended getting a Ebtech Line Level Shifter, which makes it about 3 times louder, it'll be here in a day or two.