Help with Schecter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cyber7unk, May 9, 2021.

1. cyber7unk

cyber7unk

May 8, 2021
    Hello. Need help with identification. They write that this is an American sheckter 80-90, but with a modification. Installed Badass and Bartolini.
    Are there such Schecter Japan? This ASH body ?

Sor my eng. (Google Translate).

Attached Files:

Aqualung60 and MattZilla like this.
  2. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    I don’t think they ever had any Japanese made instruments branded as Schecter.

There were California and Texas made ones in different eras from the late 70s on, all Fender-style instruments.

South Korean made ones mostly are non-Fender looking and began in the late 90s.

-

That looks very much like an early 90s example.

3. cyber7unk

cyber7unk

May 8, 2021
    i tried to find catalog but no success

4. ajkula66

ajkula66

Sep 23, 2016
    NEPA
    Actually, they did. Quite a few.

Some of them can be seen here:

SCHECTER AR-07 | SCHECTER

eddybuzzard and MattZilla like this.
  5. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Amherst, MA
    There are Japanese made Schecters, but those are much more recent. I am guessing the Japanese made ones are being made by ESP since ESP owns a controlling stake in Schecter (or outright owns it but gives Schecter enough freedom). The link for those Schecters is BASS | SCHECTER

@cyber7unk, the bass in question looks like a USA model with the modifications (Badass bridge, Bartolini soapbars) as you mentioned. Given the aging on the hardware I am guessing the modifications are older. You could try asking Schecter themselves. They might be able to help you out.

6. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    lol, I love that those all are exactly what Mike Ciravolo would hate, what probably sell pretty well in Japan, and would probably sell okay here in the states if they bothered to make them available.

After way too much reading I still wonder if ESP (Hisatake Shibuya) has or ever has had their own manufacturing facilities or if they function primarily as a design/marketing/distribution firm that just contracts components from companies like Fujigen & Cort in a way that’s similar to most of Fender’s non-US-built product is done.

7. cyber7unk

cyber7unk

May 8, 2021
    Do you have an address for Schecter where I could write about the guitar?

8. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I had a Japanese Schecter. 2004? Vintage.

9. cyber7unk

cyber7unk

May 8, 2021
    This Bartolini is vintage as I understand it, I found something similar to ebay.

How much can such a bass cost ?

10. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    Schecter has a "custom shop" for guitar, probably they might make a bass as a custom as well? - Either way, I don't think someone would intentionally/deceptively knock-off a Schecter. Maybe it was put together with stuff they just "had". If so, looks like a decent build. That body looks Raiden-Ish. Is it string-thru? If it were me and it played nice and the the price was right, I'd buy it.

11. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

That looks very similar to an ESP Japan bass that I had back in the 90's

12. Yellow Bang66

Yellow Bang66

Jun 5, 2019
    the 2 i have are Korean

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021