Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with setup issues..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dude Chapman, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Dude Chapman

Dude Chapman

Apr 11, 2004
    I'm really not sure if this is a dumb question or not, so here goes.

I currently have a Berhinger MIDI pedal that controls my Line6 rack effects and current bass pod, but I am looking into getting some new equipment and I am unsure what I will be capable of doing with it.

I am looking into getting an SWR sm-900 head (run through a Genz Benz XB2 4x10). The question is, with this setup can different bass tones from the SWR head be programmed into the MIDI pedal so that I can switch bass tones live?? I know that that head can generate a million bass tones, but how do you switch between them in a live setting? Like I said this could be an easy answer that I am overlooking. :meh:

If anyone with any knowledge on this subject could help me out here I would greatly appreciate it!!

2. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    The SM 900 comes with a footswitch for changing between
    EQ 1, EQ 2, and Both.

3. Dude Chapman

Dude Chapman

Apr 11, 2004
    so you are only able to have 3 different bass tones for a live setting?

4. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
  5. Dude Chapman

Dude Chapman

Apr 11, 2004
    so if i wanted more than 3 bass tones live, then my only route would be either a bass pod or multiple heads?

6. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    Yes, or some other modeling device. Not many bass heads are designed to give you many different tones at the push of a button.

7. Dude Chapman

Dude Chapman

Apr 11, 2004
    Alright, thank you both for your input. I wasn't really expecting to find out that a head could be programmed like I was thinking, but I was just curious. I wouldn't really need more than 3 good tones I would imagine.