1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help with Sikth- Scent of the obscene

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by cjmodulus, Mar 29, 2013.

1. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    Hey all, I've really been on a Sikth kick lately, and I'm really digging the playing on scent of the obscene. I Found a guitar pro that is missing a lot of parts. I've tried slowing it down in audacity and everything, but I haven't been able to figure out too much. Basically, i've got the intro, and the double stops in the first verse. i'm not entirely sure what he's doing in some parts, since the bass is sometimes hard to pick out and in all of the live videos I've seen he seems to be omitting certain riffs...

has anyone managed to figure this one out? any good resources (audio or video) I might have missed? Thanks in advance, any help appreciated!

2. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    Anyone? :help:

3. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    Figured I'd try one last time. I guess I'll just have to sit down for an hour or two and really hash it out.

4. Betrayer_Bass

Betrayer_Bass Profanity Fish.

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    I love that band, I actually know the guitarist so I'll ask him if he has something he can send me.

5. Betrayer_Bass

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    If not, I'll sit down and hash it out too. I'm pretty sure James used open C tuning on that album, but I could be wrong!

6. Betrayer_Bass

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Well, turns out he doesn't so I'll try to help out :)

7. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    Cool, thanks a lot man! It's pretty cool that you know one of the guitarists too!

I think the tuning on the first album is drop C# with an extra low G#, but I'm not entirely sure. I remember reading that both of the guitarists used some interesting tuning where their bottom to strings are octave G#s, although that might have been for the second album.

As soon as I figure out a good way to do it, I can share what I have so far. It's not much, but it's a starting point anyway

8. Betrayer_Bass

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Awesome, do that and send me a PM :)