help with slapping

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by XlilmetalchickX, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XlilmetalchickX

XlilmetalchickX Guest

Jan 13, 2004
    i'v been playing for a little under 2 months and i have a 5-string ibanez. everyone thats heard me play says that i'm "catching on fast" and "playing really well for a beginner" but i dun see it. anywayz, i'm having trouble learning how to slap. my instructor says that it takes a while to really get but i dont like that responce to my failure. it just dun sound right when i try to do it. and i cant hit any string besides B without hitting other strings in the process. help me :(

2. Many many people have asked this before, and all have gotten the same response - you have to keep practicing. Your instructor would have pointed out faulty technique by now, so you're doing something right. All it takes is lots of practice. It took me a while to stop hitting the wrong strings, and I still screw up every so often. Just keep at it, and it'll slowly get better. Slapping is not an essential technique, so remember that. Let it come over time and don't get frustrated when you can't get it well. Good luck! :)
  3. Learn to play first. Slapping isn't everything.
  4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Practice, practice practice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.