1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help with song.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Fontaine, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    i was wondering if any of u guys could help me out by maybe recoding your selves playing the bass in the solo of Love Buzz by Nirvana, its a guitar solo, but i can't pick out the bass beat when the guitar is all distourted (shocker), or if u know a sick with only a bass playing the song?

this would be a great help! thanks.

2. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    or a music instrument isolation software, lol, if u know what i'm talking about.

3. Have you tried rolling off the treble and mid on your stero to try and kill off some of the overdrive and bring the bass more out front? That may not help in your case though it seems he plays that part on the D and G strings :)

But to answer your question, you can download the Digital Music Mentor trial software here:

http://www.sienzo.com/

It's not perfect software, but I find it useful enough for giving away most clues.

And if you get yourself a copy of GuitarPro, you can check out the tabs/notation for the song here as well:

http://www.gprotab.net/search_tabs.php?act=search_tabs&t_tab=love+buzz&page=1

4. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    thank you =)

5. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    can i do this on the pc?

6. Yes you can. This is how I found out how to change my settings:

- Open Windows Media Player
    - Press F1 for Help
    - Double click the Playing music and video option which will open that sub-category
    - On the right pane, click the 2nd option, being Changing volume and other audio settings
    - Now choose the last option, being Change bass, stereo and other audio effects

Under that sub category is a tonne of information on how to better set up your PC sound to play music the way you want or need to hear it.

Of course, for a song like the one you describe, I would probably just hide behind all the fuzz and distortion and just play roots and fifths :bag: