1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with sound ?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by UPeopleJam, Oct 15, 2013.

1. UPeopleJam

UPeopleJam

Oct 15, 2013
    Hello everyone. I am not sure I am posting this in the right place but I have read quite a few post's and you people seem pretty knowledgeable. :hyper: I am still learning about this thing they call Live Sound. :crying: My gear consists of 2 Yamaha S115V for mains. 2 15" Ciare Sub woofers, http://usspeaker.com/ciare 1500sw-1.htm A QSC Powerlight 4.0 for the subs, A QSC QX5 for the mains, A DBX Driverack PA+ and a A & H Mixwix3. I run the subs parelled and the Amp bridged. The subs are mainly used for the kick drum and bass player. My question is what to input on my Driverack for the mains and sub's as far as parameters, filters, hpf, lpf, etc. I am lost/confused. :bag: I am told this driverack can do a lot but all i have done is plug it in, lol ... Therefore, I know my sound can be much, much better. Anyone that can take the time to help me out here would GREATLY appreciated! Thanks !!

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    How much of the manual(s) have you read and how much do you understand? Appears as if you have the desired hardware but just not quite sure how to patch things together.

First off, do you understand how to set the gain structure (mic channel trims, etc) on the mixer? Do you own a CD player? Down load this program http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and burn yourself a pink noise CD. It will come in handy later.

Riis

3. UPeopleJam

UPeopleJam

Oct 15, 2013
    I have read the manual several times, to no avail ... haha. The driverack does have some parameters pre-set in it, mostly for JBL stuff. My mains, Yamaha and Amp, QX5 are in there but nothing for the subs I had built or for the QSC Powerlight 4.0 I do understand gain structure yes. I have followed that procedure and understand it. I do own a CD player and have downloaded the first link you posted. (Don't have a clue what it does) The second link however, "Pink noise CD" Takes me to a target site? Thanks for answering my questions and sorry to sound so helpless!

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    The driverack can be a beast to get a handle on. Try YouTube for some videos. It really is too much to get into here by typing.

Otherwise, WELCOME to TalkBass!

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Download the program from the site. It's a sound mastering program and allows you to play and burn stuff like pink noise, white noise, 85 hz tone, 100 hz tone. Little high tech but will help when you balance out your entire system (interaction amongst mixer / DriveRack / amps / enclosures.

Don't sweat it if your particular amp, main or sub enclosure is not listed on the auto set-up wizard...choose "Custom" at the very end of the menu. All the stupid thing does is set crossovers, filters, and the like. You can do that manually and quite easily.

Man, I really need to pull the rack off the trailer and take a closer look. I set it like 4-5 years ago and can't recall what the menu offers in terms of options.

Riis

6. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine