Help with Speakers

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by fabledsoe, Aug 15, 2009.

1. fabledsoe

fabledsoe

Dec 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Hi,

I don't know if this the right forum, but I have an issue that needs to be fixed.

I have two Polk audio bookshelf speakers that I've used with a klipsch 2.1 subwoofer. Now the subwoofer has a channel that doesn't work. I would continue to use the Polk speakers but without the sub woofer. The problem is that I used the 1/8 connector from the sub woofer to connect to my laptop.

So, my question is how do I bypass this and be able to use my Polk speakers without the sub woofer and connect to my laptop.

Here is the back of the Polk speakers

Attached Files:

2. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    Those are standard binding post terminals. They're expecting a powered signal from an amplifier, like from the binding post terminals on your Klipsch sub. Your computer's outputs do not have adequate power to drive them.

3. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

The subwoofer has the amps in it. These speakers must be driven from an amp, not a headphone output. Sorry!

4. no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no signal

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021