1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with stacked SCPB pickup ID

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by stevetat, Mar 1, 2008.

1. stevetat

stevetat

Nov 11, 2005
    New England
    Bought a pickup on the Bay, described as a SD SCPB-3 (quarter pound). What showed up was a different beast (pics below).

It's a stacked config with four conductors (red, green, black, white) plus shield. Green and black were twisted together. Poles are 1/4" in dia with raised A & D and the impedance (both coils in series) is 17.82 kohm.

Some have suggested that it might have come from the Duncan custom shop, but the back plate is completely oval and every other Duncan SCPB I've seen has the protruding "lip" where the leads are soldered to the output wires.

Anyway, if anyone could help ID this pup, I'd be grateful. I bought it as a potential replacement for the stock pup in my Fender CS 55P NOS.

Attached Files:

2. stevetat

stevetat

Nov 11, 2005
    New England
    One more pic (side view)

Attached Files:

3. stevetat

stevetat

Nov 11, 2005
    New England
    Bump....

Anyone...?

4. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    Have you listened to it yet? Curious as to how it compares with the stock pickup. And is it physically larger (deeper) than the original pickup? Thanks.

5. stevetat

stevetat

Nov 11, 2005
    New England
    Haven't installed it yet. Depth is a concern. Would like to avoid routing the pup cavity.

6. jwymore

jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I can't tell you what it is but I can tell you it's not a Seymour Duncan pickup ...

7. stevetat

stevetat

Nov 11, 2005
    New England
    Actually, it is!

I exchanged a few emails with SD Custom Shop manager Manager Maricela Juarez yesterday. She was able to ID the pup as one of theirs and gave me the followng part number, description and ordering info:

"11828-03 Stack SCPB oval bottom flat work (if you could include a picture when ordering that will be terrific)."

Mystery solved. Case closed.

8. jwymore

jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR
    WOW, I stand corrected!!! That just didn't look like anything I have ever seen come out of the custom shop!!

9. stevetat

stevetat

Nov 11, 2005
    New England
    Same here. I'd never seen an oval bottomed SD SCPB pup before.

Live and learn! :)