Help with the Eden WT-800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by QUSP, Sep 9, 2002.

1. QUSP

Aug 8, 2002
    Hercules, CA
    Just a couple of questions on how to get the most out of this rig. First of all, what is the purpose of the crossover knob and when do you use it? Also when using two cabs (both 8 ohms), whats the best way to hook them up? (i own the 410XLT, 210XLT, 115XLT) One cab to left amp out and the other to right amp out? Are there other alternatives to hooking up multiple cabs? By the way, I'll be getting the Navigator Preamp and the WT-1000 Power amp and I wanna know how to get the best out of this rig as well. Same questions apply so all who have knowledge of Eden gear PLEASE respond.
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    the crossover is used to "split" the signal going to each cabinet. if you crossover at 3K hz everything below will go to one cab and everything above will go to the other. run the lows to your lower sounding cab and the highs to the other. your best bet is probably the 4x10 for lows and the 2x10 for the highs. i heard eden 1x15's don't go that low... as for impedance i think that the 800 bridged only goes to 8 ohms. be careful. i'm not sure about it's impedance when bi-amping (with the crossover). 8 ohms a channel or 4?
  3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    the advantage of hooking up multiple cabs (in a bi-amping situation) is that each cabinet will do what it can do best. if the 210 doesn't have great lowend only run your higher freq. through it. let the lower cab do what it does best: produce lowend. along with this more "efficient" running, for lack of a better word. you get added speaker area which will add to your presence on stage or in practice. just be careful that you do not excede the minimum impedance of your amp.
  4. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    your best bet with a wt800 is to bridge the 800 watts into the 410xlt. running an 8 ohm cab on each side is only 220 watts or so into each cab. bridging into a single 410 is louder and you have much more headroom than running say an 8 ohm 410 on each side. ive been through all the multiple cab combinations with my wt800 and im going into a single 410. just make sure to not run a bridged 4 ohm load.

with the nav/wt1000 rig you can bridge the amp into two 8 ohm cabs for a 4 ohm load and you'll get the 1000 watts.