Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with Tiny Firewall

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hey Guys,

I just installed Tiny Personal Firewall on my computer and 2 windows keep popping up and I don't know what they mean. I'm afraid that if I click "Yes" my computer might blow up.

Really!!!!!! :bag:

Thank in advance for your help.
    Nino

Attached Files:

2. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    These windows won't stop popping up!!!!!

3. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    That's wack... have you run a virus scan lately? That first one looks especially suspicious.

4. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    I wish I knew what was up bro. HAH!! I actually clicked "ok" on the second pic.... gimme a break I just woke up.

*off topic edit* hey Nino if you get a chance could you scope out the John Pena clip I put in the bassists forum and give an idea of what kind of bass that is?

5. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I don't know much about Tiny Firewall, but the first first window looks like the application is trying to complete an installation. The symbols lead me to believe that the application was written in something other than english. Usually symbols like that are used when a font/language isn't installed on your computer.

The second one looks like the application is trying to find a file, dll, etc. when it is firing up. My guess is that because the installation isn't complete the application can't find the file.

You can always e-mail the developer, and see what the issue could be. Or if you think it's suspicious, just uninstall the application and install a different firewall.

6. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Well, the the 1st window seemed to pop up as soon as I was hitting enter on ebay and the accepted the "replacement application". Then an "outgoing connection alert" popped up with the same weird "word" and I blocked it and so far, so good.

7. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    I have AVG and Norton and I run virus checks at least 3x a week with both of them.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Do you have Internet Connection Sharing running on your PC? If so, that is a problem with TPF.

-Mike

9. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    No, I ununstalled the Tiny and I'm using the Norton Firewall. I'll try again anothert time.

Thanks for the help. :)

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Not that I am the only guy capable of helping you out around here, but let me know when you are ready to set it up again.

-Mike