Help with value of Taylor Acoustic

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Introvox, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    A friend of mine is trying to figure out the approx. value of his guitar, here are the specs:

1996 (I think)
    Taylor 810WMB Acoustic / Electric (no cutaway)
    Bridge pick-up, as well as a mic in the guitar (mixable)
    High, Mid, Low EQ, Volumes for p/u and mic, and a phase switch.
    Original bill of sale reads $3765.00 cdn

"gorgeous guitar - records wicked, plays of the best sounding I've heard yet. Drag no cutaway though"

We checked the Web like crazy to find another, hardly any info what-so-ever, even at Taylor's site.

I called Taylor myself and asked about it, the tech told me it was one of 279 and proceeded to tell me it is basically a combination of the 810 and 910, the WMB stands for "Wood-bracing More Bass". Of course the manufacture should never offer a market value, and we can't find it in an older blue-book. (newer than the Taylor of course)

Can anybody help, he's heard estimates from $5,000 - $12,000 cdn, but I'm not sure if it's even that high?

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Found this on the net:

model 810WMB (with more bass);
    This guitar is #31 in a limited production of 279 guitars made in 1997. This guitar features 900 series Indian rosewood with Sitka spruce top and rosewood binding. If you add the cost of 900 series Indian rosewood, rosewood binding, and the soundhole rosette as options to the base price today you would pay Taylor $3,618.00.

Condition: Guitar is new with all paperwork and hardshell case.

$3,000.00 USD
    That's for a new one as well. I'm not sure there is much of a collectors market for used Taylor guitars, sorry.