1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help with very simple recording set up

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by liljawn, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Simpler the better...

me and my two buddy's who play guitar get together as much as possible to just hang out and jam. Im wanting to find the cheapest way for me to record for decent periods of time to catch ideas and different things we come up with but sometimes forget. I have a macbook with garage band wondering what would be the best way to set that up to catch a bass and 2 guitars. possibly some portable recording device would be prefer d if i could just like set it on a stool and it pick all of us decently. not going for audio quality just needs to be clear.

We have used macbook built in mic and grageband in the past but sometimes depending on the location it can be fine or just awful. Possibly a way to hook a decent mic to the mac would work?

I would rather not have to have my pc at all though small recording device would be prefer d.

Any advice is greatly appreciated:p

2. The Zoom H2 is your friend.

3. deekay911

deekay911 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    Zoom H-2. You can record using the stereo mics, or use it as an audio interface too. Just switch it on and go...

4. thanks! im going to check these out