Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help with warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by warwick666320, May 27, 2004.

1. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    i am interested in buying a warwick corvette and saw that the rockbass's are quite a bit cheaper and was wondering if they were any good.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    For the money, they are great guitars. But, if you can afford the real thing then get a German Warwick.

3. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    think of rockbass at the squire of warwick.....but alot better

cheaper parts, not as good workmanship, cheaper woods.

4. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    ok thanks any more they would b greatly appreciatly

5. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    one more thing if the rockbass's are good value for money what is the best model in the rockbass series

6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    the corvette FNA jazzman and the new 2004 ltd edition are the best choices, big range of sounds

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    He said out of the Rockbass series...

From the Rockbass series, the active Corvettes are good - Basic, Classic, SE. All have alder bodies, and the SE has a 5mm maple top; maple neck with rosewood board.

But if I were you, I would buy a Corvette Standard - growly bubinga body, ovangkol neck, wenge fingerboard, bell brass frets, adjustable nut, better/more adjustable bridge, custom order options :bassist: :cool:

8. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Are you big enough to lay a corvette???? if you havent noticed yet, the upper horn is small, it doesnt extends all the way 'till the 12th fret and because of that the strap balance makes the first frets a little hard to reach, you can use a long strap to solve this but you will have to stretch a little more to get the lower strings

9. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    im only 13 lol and ive only been getting lessons for a term at school and im 2 or 3 times better than the people who have been playing for 2 years i found that quite amusing i currently only own 1 bass and that is a de armond pilot plus 4 string and wanting to go to a five stringer
    i was wondering if going to a warwick will be how shall i say "advanced" for my little experience
    so if anybody replys to this it will be appreciated

10. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    and yes i am a big person

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I love my corvette classic rockbass. i actually like it better than the "real" corvettes - its alot lighter, i prefer the neck woods, and i can throw it about with the confidence that its only a £300 bass.

the only changes from stock i made is a set of black speed knobs, instead of those chrome ones.

12. Don't buy it to make yourself look better...That's lame.

13. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    i never said that i was trying to make myself look better im really serious about my music i love it especially the bass. i do practice quite alot id spend about 3 hours a day on my guitar thats more time than i spend on alot of other things if anything i would be buying not particually a warwick but other better brands to make myself better as a musician

14. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    and i agree that if people buy bass's to make them look better that is lame

15. See if you can find a used German Warwick......

16. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    I think getting a Corvette rockbass would make a lot of sense for you. I own a German Corvette Warwick and a Corvette Rockbass, and I'd say the Rockbass is better as an all-around bass. The German has a more distinct sound (although it is a great sound). The Rockbass has the same electronics as the German, so it is not a huge step down. It is lighter, which is a good thing because the Germans are very heavy. I'd recommend the Rockbass.

17. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    since you own both i was wondering if the rockbass has the famous growl that ive heard so much about

well anyone can answer this if they feel like it

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would go for a Rockbass SE. (special edition). It has that flamed maple top and is golden ish in color. It is a really attractive bass. I agree that the sound of the Rockbass series can prove to be more versatile and the SE i think is a good step up from the standard Rockbass.
    [​IMG]

19. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    is it possible to get the rockbass se in a different colour i am not a fan of goldish coloured instruments

20. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont believe so. I could be wrong though.