1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help with wierd amp hookup

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by elmstjr, Mar 18, 2008.

1. elmstjr

elmstjr

Mar 18, 2008
    im eric, and i play standup bass and got 4th chair in the nevada allstate.

i hve this amp hookup, which im gonna try to describe. a the tip, you have the hookup part, where you plug the wire into, and comin out of there, is one thick black wire and another small silver wire. the silver wire doesnt have an end, its jsut hanging there, but the thick black wire has 2 pongs comeing out of it, 2 flat half circle prongs, which im guessing goes under the bridge. i jsut want to know wher eto put the plug in part(which im sure goes on the "A" and "D" string, and two flat prongs(pretty sure they go unter the bridge), and the silver wire(dont know where it goes)

can someone help me out with this??

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe some kind of pickup?

3. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    Sounds like you have a Fishman BP 100 or something like it. The half circle pieces are the pickup elements and are held on the bridge with clips which you didn't mention having. The output jack should have a clip enabling you to attach it between a pair of strings between the bridge and tailpiece. The other wire is a ground wire and is wrapped around the string of your choice. I recommend you go to the Fishman website for further info, as I'm just guessing from the info in your post.

4. elmstjr

elmstjr

Mar 18, 2008
    ya, the pickup part does go inbetween 2 strings, but i talked to soe friends today, and they said that you put htose prongs under the bridge, one on each side, to capture the vibration.

does that work, or wut clips are you tlaking about to hole them on???

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Click here to download a PDF of the manual for the BP 100.

6. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    No.
    The pickup IS the "prongs", the thing that goes between the A and D strings is the PLUG (where you plug your cord in, right?).

It would be helpful at this point to actually tell us who the manufacturer of the pick up is. Cause, fellas, it may not be a Fishman, if it's a K & K don't those go under the bridge feet (like a "double Realist"?).

Anyway, if you can't find the manufacturer, post some pictures.

7. moles

moles

Jan 24, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    That sounds like possibly a Six-Rounds pickup, or something by another guy who's name escapes me. I'm not sure which model - but I swear I saw one on eBay or even over at RABB.com (if its this other guy I'm thinking of) awhile back that looked like an Underwood or a BP-100 mated to a Realist....

Edit: just reread the description the OP gave again, and I'm probably wrong.

8. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    Hey Eric

do yourself a favor, get your hands on camera and post some pics.

9. and do everyone who is trying to help you a favour and make a bit more effort with spelling and generally making sense!:eyebrow:

Check out the Fishman and K&K websites. Sounds like a Fishman.