Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP !!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B166ER, Dec 28, 2003.

1. My Ashdown Mag 400 has not been working right and is distorted and loses power and is just totally messed up. I'm now looking to buy either a new or used head for no more than $700, preferably $650 or less. I want similar tone and power that my Ashdown had. So far I have picked out these new heads...

-Hartke 7000 (I can get it for a good price)
    -Warwick Pro Fet IV
    -Yorkville XS400H (the one with the tube preamp)

Or used of ebay or somewhere else...

-Mesa Boogie Basis 2000 (a totally sweet amp)
    -SWR SM500 or SM400S
    -Trace Elliot AH500
    -Ampeg Svt of some kind

I would also be open to a preamp/poweramp setup but the preamp must be more versitle than a simple bass,mid,treble eq and hardly anything else. You guys probably know of some good poweramps. Because this kind of thing is expensive getting it used is preferable.

If anyone has sudgestions please tell:)

2. sitback

sitback

Dec 1, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi B116ER, I purchased the XS400H a couple of weeks ago, I tried it on the suggestions of people on TB as well as some players who tried it. I am very happy with mine. I suggest that you try it if you can get a hold of one, it seems that most stores are backordered. They have a great ratting on MF, they are selling for $475.00 U.S :D

3. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Save yourself a bunch of cash and get the Ashdown fixed. They have a very good reputation.