Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freddylang, Jan 30, 2001.

1. freddylang

Dec 24, 2000
    Columbus, OH.
    I just bought a Peavey 115 Black Widow cab to go with my T-Max combo and when I hooked it up it sounded like wind blowing through it! There's no popping or anything and when I turned it up the sound is ok. Other than the loud hiss! I tried unhooking my effects processor and just playing through the amp and I got the same thing. The speaker cord is brand new and a fairly good one so I wouldn't think that was the problem. This is my first cab and I hope there's nothing wrong with it because I don't want to ship the big a@@ thing back! Any suggestions on what it is or some trouble shooting I can do?
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Although you feel that the speaker wire is okay, it is the easiest and cheapest thing to change out. I would do that first. If you have a music store nearby, I would take your amp there and tell that that you would like to try out one of their cabs. Connect to one of their cabs and see if it sounds proper. (Use your own cable if you can)

If that sounds good, then it could be a prob with the cab.

If that sounds the same, it could be your amp.

Good luck.
  3. freddylang

Dec 24, 2000
    Columbus, OH.
    When I hooked it up I was getting a lot of interference through the cab. (I thought)Then I realized it was coming through the amp! It worked fine yesterday. It sounds like wind! Also it is fairly quiet for a few seconds and then the static will get louder all at once on it's own. It does the same thing on both the tube and solid state settings and makes the sound when the volume is completely down. Any clues? It sounds like wire interference but I have the wires all seperated. ???????