1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Creep, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Im in the market for a preamp and it's kinda come down to the sans amp DI vs the Aguilar DB 924. Im just looking for a overall better tone. :help:

2. Of the two, go with the more flexible Sansamp BDDI...because it's also a DI and has more tone-shaping capabilities. They both sound really good, though.

Before you make the jump, ask yourself: what about your tone don't you like? Maybe it's the bass or amp you're using and trying to 'quick-fix' it with some outboard preamp may not be the wisest decision. What amp are you using right now and what don't you like about it. If you're using some high-end Eden...then I think your bass might be the culprit. If you're using a Peavey Microbass with an 8" speaker and you want it to sound like a bank of Ampeg SVT's with 8x10's, well...no outboard pre can do that.

3. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    good advise. I currently play a musicman singray throut an SWR workingman 160 and a Ampeg classic 4 x 10, and it's not so much that I don't like my sound I just wanted to kinda fatten it up. I'm always looking for ways to improve my tone. I you thing that it could be my amp. what do you reccommend? Thanks again for your input....