Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Creep, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Im in the market for a preamp and it's kinda come down to the sans amp DI vs the Aguilar DB 924. Im just looking for a overall better tone. :help:

2. Of the two, go with the more flexible Sansamp BDDI...because it's also a DI and has more tone-shaping capabilities. They both sound really good, though.

Before you make the jump, ask yourself: what about your tone don't you like? Maybe it's the bass or amp you're using and trying to 'quick-fix' it with some outboard preamp may not be the wisest decision. What amp are you using right now and what don't you like about it. If you're using some high-end Eden...then I think your bass might be the culprit. If you're using a Peavey Microbass with an 8" speaker and you want it to sound like a bank of Ampeg SVT's with 8x10's, well...no outboard pre can do that.

3. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    good advise. I currently play a musicman singray throut an SWR workingman 160 and a Ampeg classic 4 x 10, and it's not so much that I don't like my sound I just wanted to kinda fatten it up. I'm always looking for ways to improve my tone. I you thing that it could be my amp. what do you reccommend? Thanks again for your input....