Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Zachbailey, May 31, 2004.

1. Zachbailey

Zachbailey

May 31, 2004
    Hey, I don't anything and I mean anything about electric uprights but my good friend has played bass for a good 8 years now and we've just graduated high-school. I thought it would make an awsome graduation present to get her an electric and an amp. I guess what I'm wondering is if I could get a decent bass and amp for under a grand. I figure its her first and if she really likes it then she can upgrade later. But anyway does anyone have any suggestions or know of anyone I can talk to that could help me out. Thanks. :help:

2. Please read the Newbie links first.

3. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Hell no... All of the EUB (Electrig "Upright" basses) I have seen top 2k-2.6k, Let alone the Amps...

4. Do as Don suggests but truthfully, you're in serious Double Bass territory here....so you may not get alot of glowing reports...good luck though.

5. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    And upright is Nothing like Electric bass guitar... It is VERY different, No matter how good she is or isnt she will need a Teacher.