Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bogart, Jun 22, 2004.

1. bogart

Dec 11, 2003
    big bear, ca
    My guitarist's vox amp is picking up cb radio transmissions. :crying: What is causing this and how do we rectify the problem.
  2. callofthebow

Oct 19, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    does he have an antenna on top it it or something?

jk, it might not be the amp, it may be his pickups or an effect he has or anything else along the line
  3. Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    My guitarist gets Spanish radio. Just something that you're gonna have to troubleshoot. We try to just ignore it, it's not loud enough to be heard when we're playing so no big.
  4. Check his cables...if he's using unshielded cables anywhere in the chain from his guitar to his amp, he could be picking up those signals.
  5. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    The problem is the guitar player. Get a new one that doesn't use so many stomp boxes. :smug: :D
  6. I remember once when I was jamming with these guys, the PA cab kept picking up radio stations. Wasn't a problem when we played because keyboards and vocals drowned it out, but it was there in between songs. Anyways, next time we jammed the cab was on the otherside of the room and no problems at all. It's about placement some of the times.
  7. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

tom morello's got a pedal that picks up a radio station in korea. that's what you hear at the end of "sleep now in the fire".