Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stitchwork, Sep 10, 2004.

1. stitchwork

stitchwork

Aug 22, 2004
    I need help finding a cab (or cabs) that will do what i want. I am really into a very clear articulate tone thus i am changing over to an iamp 800 will be here tuesday yippy:hyper: (currently useing an ampeg b5r still solid state and very clear) my current cabs are hartke transporter 4x10 and the next higher modle 1x15 i know i need new cabs or just one if it wil get the job done because the i amp will kill these two. last night i used my head with a crate 2x15 at practice and i got the most disgusting low end ever. ( my singers girl friend was getting a neck massage from leaning on the wall, and a really good one from what she said) however the draw back is i lost absolutly all of my highs and high mids, every time time a tapping part would come up it just wasnt crystal like i like ( think jimmy haslip's solos is what im going for on these parts) but i was really diging having my tesicals rattle when i got below the D on the A string. how the hell do i get to have the best of both worlds here with out hauling around two amps (wich i already do because i play chapman stick, so it would make it three amps)
    thanks for any advice and or assistance :help:

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

3. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
    for clear focused even response across the freq spectrum - you owe it to your tone to listen to AccuGroove.

Find a dealer - drag your favorite bass and your amp head to the dealer - plug in and listen.

my .02

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Man, it's such a good time to be a bassplayer right now. There's just so much great gear available. The problem is really narrowing it down. Schroeder and Accugroove are great options. I would suggest Bergantino as well becuase I've had such great experience with them for so long. For an all in one cab try the HT322. That cab is so beautiful. If you want a deeper low end than try an HT210 with an HT115. Either way you can't go wrong. What it comes down to with all of these great companies is your personal preference. Try as many cabs as you can.

5. stitchwork

stitchwork

Aug 22, 2004
    budget doesnt matter, i am willing to wait and save for what i really want, and just do with what i have in the mean time.
    i need to be fairly loud im trying to be just slightly louder than a mesa dual rectifier half stack at about half volume (mmmm earplugs are my friend) thats just whatn the mix of our music sounds really prime to every one( go figure a guitar player who is willing to be slightly quieter than the bassist.....) i have been investigating acuue groove, schroder and bergs. the problem is acutally getting to try any of them. i live around la so you would think that there would be a place that carries one or all but nope. I noticed that jorg lives around sandiego i tried emailing him to see if i could come down one day and try out one of his cabs that was weeks ago and still nothing. i have been hearing nothing but fabulous things about them. you guys know a place in southern cali that has acuue groove or bergs. just to get an idea of the music check out stitchworkband.com thanks