Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jackson0321, Sep 18, 2004.

1. jackson0321

jackson0321

Apr 4, 2001
    Houston, TX
    berg NV425 or berg HT210+HT115
    which should i get

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Only your ears can tell you.

The HT series cabs have a wonderful open midrange and silky smooth treble I haven't heard in another speaker system. They also have strong, punchy bass. I've heard that the HT210 and HT115 complement each other well.

I haven't heard any of the NV's yet. I'll just let others comment on them.

3. jackson0321

jackson0321

Apr 4, 2001
    Houston, TX
    or just a HT322
    too many damn options

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    The HT322 has a more coherent sound than the combination of the HT115 + HT210. The HT322 is a very good cab.

In a live setting, I doubt you could tell much difference in the sound.

Whether one larger cab is easier to haul than two smaller ones is a personal decision. The casters on the HT322 make it pretty easy to move if you don't have to do stairs.

5. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    I have the nv610 and ht322. It really depends if you want the top end to have a sealed cab tone or the best (imo) horn type top end. Personaly I like the modern sound in a cab but I use the nv cab as well. I couldnt decide so I had to get both. :) To me the nv cab is easier to move than the 210. Ive played all the berg cabs except the nv215 and it really is going to be a personal taste. They all do many things well. Great cabs!!