Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by sias, Apr 29, 2001.

1. sias

Apr 29, 2001
    o got a problem, i brake a string at least once a month, ive tried daddarios, jvb...... whats a good string that wont snap on me coz next time a string snapes im going to hang myeslf with it. although it will probly snap then to.
    thanks anyone
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Welcome to TalkBass, sias!

1. Is your playing style very hard amd aggressive? Does your plucking hand really dig in? If not, I suspect the problem is the bass itself. D'Addario makes a first class string, so I really don't suspect the string brand

If it is always the same string(s) at the same place(s), it may have a sharp metal burrs/edges/spurs on the saddle that should have been caught at the factory. This is especially true if you have a relatively inexpensive bass because those makers don't invest much in quality control and skilled production people, (in most cases). A guitar tech at a music store could take a look it and see if it needs some filing.

2. Are you sure you are tuning to proper pitch, not too high?

3. As for strings, DR and Rotosound have always held up well for me. You could try a .045-.110 set, if you aren't using any that thick already. But, as I said, I don't think it's the D'Addarios.