Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Goatrilla, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Goatrilla

Jun 21, 2005
    Hello everyone!
    I've run into a probelm, I cannot find all things that I'm looking for. I need great tone, reliablity, a respected brand, about 300 or more watts RMS at 8 Ohms, and good prices.
    I was looking at Ashdown's combos, until I heard some horror stories. I looked at Ampeg, but I don't like their tone too much. SWR looks like its getting shotty, and I've never liked GK. Mesa's too expensive, and that leaves me with little left. I'm in amplifier Limbo, stuck in a rut, with no way out.
    If anyone can help me, PLEASE DO.
    Thank you all for your help!
  2. what kind of tone are you looking for, if you let us know it'll probably be more help

i take seeing you dont like the tone of ampegs you want a clearer sound, did you try some all tube ampeg stuff [and even tho it only does 2 and 4 ohms] (which is about the same price as mesa)?

this could be over kill for you but why not look into a seperate preamp and power amp section

or, if you like mesa's, arent the walkabout amps pretty good ?
  3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
  4. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA

But as I read your original post, the first word that crossed my mind was Yorkville....
  5. definatly worth checking out

I dont know why i didnt say, but check out the peavey stuff, a Max 450 or Max 700 (new versions of Nitrobass and Firebass respectively) with a 4x10 cab, sounds ace for the price
  6. +1 on Peavey products...solid, reliable, great power out, and very flexible as to ohm load (i.e. it will grow with your rig/cabs).
  7. i've got a peavey cab and it sounds killer. it is heavy though.
  8. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
  9. ricosuave2093

Jun 9, 2005
    How about the Kustom Groove Bass 1200?