Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

???? help !!!!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ruffroka321, Jul 25, 2005.

1. ruffroka321

ruffroka321

Sep 13, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Ive been lookin at new basses because mine has been givin me trouble a lot of times and i figured, if im runnin the risk of this goin out during a gig, i should get a new bass. The only problem is... i am in the process of recording right now and I'm having a problem with my new strings. With that said... here is the problem:

i bought new strings and they are vibrating against the frets. They are the exact same brand and gauges as my last set (the thickest ghs bass boomers they make). after trying to fix it myself (bad idea) i think i might have screwed up the truss rod or something because it makes an even worse rattling sound now.

i dont know a lot about intonation and the truss rod and everything, so what i need is either advice on what exactly is wrong, how to tell what could be wrong, or how to fix all possible things that could cause this... or any other helpful words cuz om really in a bind.

this has nothing to do w/ anything, but i want to use this face :scowl:

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Take it to the shop. Seriously. A good repairman can probably straighten it out and undo whatever you did.

BTW, I like this one: :spit: