Help :(

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Aug 20, 2005.

1. For long enough i thought my btb had a grounding problem, but, it only seems to happen when my sansamp BDDI pedal is engaged/on

Any ideas ?
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Have your boost up too high? Boosting the treble? Are you using the power supply? Is it plugged into a different circuit than your amp? This could cause a ground loop.
  3. how do you mean boost? its there no matter the level (i stick the level so its the same volume as when the pedals off)

the treble and bass are boosted a tad when its on, but everything is more or less about 12 o clock (just very slightly over or under, a little goes a long way) , except for the blend that is between 9 oclock and 12

I dont have a power supply to plug into it

how do you mean different circuit? whenever ive used it i go Bass-BDDI-input

i know this means im going through the amps preamp too, but it usually gives a better sound that way, the grounding problem is still there when i plug straight to the power amp (this has happened with 3 different amps and cabs ive tried, like i said, i thought it was a bass thing)

the more annoying thing is when you click the on/off switch the click sound comes through the speakers
  4. sounds to me like you might have a slightly faulty unit, probably one loose solder joint. are you just using a battery to power it or a power supply?
  5. as i said, i dont even have the power supply plug, i just use the battery

i hope its nothing that'll take alot of money to fix :(
  6. have you replaced the battery recently?
  7. el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    I'm sure you've tried the obvious and ruled out cables? I've seen this problem before with a sansamp someone brought along to a demo recording, same symptoms as yours. It buzzed on both batteries and phantom power, with and without a bass plugged in. Unfortunately I don't know the solution as it wasn't mine, we just had to make do without the sansamp. Trip to the repair shop is in order I reckon.