Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dumbassist, Sep 5, 2005.

1. dumbassist

Sep 5, 2005
    Can anyone recommend me gd but affordable pickups?? the samick bass guitars any gd???

I saw a Bass guitar at a shop... It's brand is samick...
    It cost SG$250...And it comes with a 15 watt amp
    (wat is a 15 watt amp??) a guitar strap and a guitar bag....

Shud i get it????

I really don't know!!!!!

I'm worried if it has bad quality...or bad pickups....
    (because it's kinda cheap for a bass...Too cheap...)

Pls3 help me!!!!
    i need guidance and lots of it!!!!!!!!

2. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    fender pickups, if your bass has P(prescion) or J (jazz bass) configuration.

Fender pickups are nice and not so expensive, but they are alittle bit noisy though. you can try to find some used Seymour Duncan, Bartolini, DiMarzio on eBay.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I can't speak about the Samick, but there are good bargains out these days in general. Dean basses are also excellent value cheap basses.

If you can only afford the $250, get the samick. If you're a beginner player, which it sounds like you are, you should be spending more time worrying about your technique than your pickups. The pickups in the cheap Samick might not be excellent, but I'd imagine they'll get the job done.

If after a year or so after that you're still serious, that's another story - although you'd probably be better then getting a more expensive bass rather than spending as much on replacement pickups as you did on the original bass.
  4. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    speaking of cheap basses, what about a SX bass? search on the forums for it, many are very satisfied with the SX bass