Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by phil-am, Oct 19, 2005.

1. phil-am

phil-am

Oct 18, 2005
    philippines
    i want to learn to read notes...can anyone give me some tips?
    and also the open hammer pluck of wooten, i really like it and i want also to learn it..tnx for the advice..by the way im from philippines..tnx guys :hyper:

2. RhythmBassist01

RhythmBassist01

Aug 31, 2005
    Best way to learn to read is to obtain a good book on reading standard notation, and write out all the excerises by hand and play them back over and over.

Victor Wooten has produced lots of instructional material over the years. Bass Extremes Vol 1 is a good one. You can get the audio and written music for it in a single package.

3. phil-am

phil-am

Oct 18, 2005
    philippines
    actually sir, im currently enrolled in a 12 bass lesson here in the philippines..sad to say, my teacher is somewhat lazy to teach me :crying:, its like that he teach me for the sake of the money ..but i already know how to read notes, my problem is that i have difficulties when it comes to beats..do you have any books to suggest?...or lessons?.. i really dead serious with this, im eager to learn..its difficult to find books in bass here in the philippines, we are not so advanced here, and some of the bass players are somewhat selfish to share their talents..or i guess i just cant find the right person to teach me..thanks for the advice..i would be glad if you help me..thank you :)

4. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    First, if you feel your teacher is not doing his job well as a teacher, save your money and quit taking lessons.

Try MusicDojo.com

5. phil-am

phil-am

Oct 18, 2005
    philippines
    tnx joe..actually i might quit taking lessons..ill try the musicdojo.com,,tnx for the advice.. :)