Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP!!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Ed Fuqua, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I'm down here in Daytona and I can't find a playable bass! My two options so far have been a 60s Kay that has a bad bridge, a warped fingerboard and a bad neckblock repair or an Englehardt that has a solid bridge but unplayable action (high off the fingerboard and high tension). I've been playing a few tunes a night with my buddy Matt; that gets pretty frustrating not being able to get out what I'm going for.

Anyway, there's a brunch gig on Sunday - does anybody know where I might be able to borrow a bass for it? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

2. SkaLeePharoah

SkaLeePharoah

Oct 31, 2005
  3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Thanks, SCALY. Both JimmyM and Larry Hutten got back to me, so next time I'm down I think I can get hooked up with a little advance warning.

4. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    That Upton of Jimmy's should do the trick. I think he has it strung with gut.

az