Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Bassopotomus_2, Jul 5, 2001.

1. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I am playing my favourite blink 182 songs and my bass, but i cant avoid the odd fret buzz! it really mutes out the note and messes my timing up!

is there any solution to this? ive tried re-tuning, Drop d, and tightning slightly, but i still get these buzz's. they arent permanent, and i really do put quote a push on the string near the fret, so i cant be "not holding it hard enough".

could you all help please!! Thankyou!

(BTW, im using a 4 string)
  2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    It sounds like you need an action adjustment. Does it happen on the same note every time? That could indicate a high fret. Take your bass for a professional setup at a music store. It will cost 25-35 bucks, but will be worth far more than that.
  3. No, it doesnt happen on the same note.
    when it does happen.. it happens whe i RELEASE the string from the fret to go to my next note.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It does sound like technique then - you can't just "let go" on notes, you have to be moving to the next note smoothly or muting with left or right hand. This is a very basic part of technique and something that you really need to address with a bass teacher face to face - it's much easier to show how to do this than put it in words without seeing what you're doing. But any decent teacher ought to be able to put you right on this.
  5. ahhhh! thankyou,

i tried sliding, no buzz.
    and muting worked smoothly :)

thanx guys!!!!