1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by joeyv, Feb 21, 2006.

1. joeyv

joeyv

May 30, 2005
    Boston
    Hello,
    I am pretty much stuck for a bassplayer this weekend for a couple gigs North of Boston :hyper: . I was wondering if there was somebody who would like to fill in for a couple nights on bass or if you could recommend somebody or if you would like could you please pass this along. I have never cancelled a gig in my life and if I dont find somebody , it might be the first.
    The styles we play are Funk, Jazz, Reggae, Blues, Swing, Soul, Smooth Jazz, Motown, R&B, Rockabilly, Surf, Country, Classic Rock, Latin, Urban Jazz and a little Ska
    Thanks in advance,
    http//www.joeyvellucci.com
    joeyvellucciband@yahoo.com
    Here are the gigs:
    Feb 24 Brookstone Grille in Derry, N.H. $125.00 and a meal 8:30 - 11:30
    BASS -
    Drums - Leo Sharamitaro
    Gtr/voc - Joey Vellucci

Feb 25 Fody's in Nashua , N.H. $100.00 and a meal 10:00 - 12:30BASS -
    Drums - Leo Sharamitaro
    Gtr/voc - Joey Vellucci

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    calling mister Andrew Dow (aka emjazz)....

...oh btw, this is not the appropriate forum for this.

3. Speaking of that -

Do we HAVE a forum for gig subs or gig referrals? Or is that what the "Band Management" forum is for? I've met three local bassists through talkbass that are great players, and now I have a stable of people to refer to when I get a call to play and can't do it.

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    not a bad idea... why don't you suggest it in the suggestion box... or email Paul?