Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by joeyv, Feb 21, 2006.

1. joeyv

joeyv

May 30, 2005
    Boston
    Hello,
    I am pretty much stuck for a bassplayer this weekend for a couple gigs North of Boston :hyper: . I was wondering if there was somebody who would like to fill in for a couple nights on bass or if you could recommend somebody or if you would like could you please pass this along. I have never cancelled a gig in my life and if I dont find somebody , it might be the first.
    The styles we play are Funk, Jazz, Reggae, Blues, Swing, Soul, Smooth Jazz, Motown, R&B, Rockabilly, Surf, Country, Classic Rock, Latin, Urban Jazz and a little Ska
    Thanks in advance,
    http//www.joeyvellucci.com
    joeyvellucciband@yahoo.com
    Here are the gigs:
    Feb 24 Brookstone Grille in Derry, N.H. $125.00 and a meal 8:30 - 11:30
    BASS -
    Drums - Leo Sharamitaro
    Gtr/voc - Joey Vellucci

Feb 25 Fody's in Nashua , N.H. $100.00 and a meal 10:00 - 12:30BASS -
    Drums - Leo Sharamitaro
    Gtr/voc - Joey Vellucci

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    calling mister Andrew Dow (aka emjazz)....

...oh btw, this is not the appropriate forum for this.

3. Speaking of that -

Do we HAVE a forum for gig subs or gig referrals? Or is that what the "Band Management" forum is for? I've met three local bassists through talkbass that are great players, and now I have a stable of people to refer to when I get a call to play and can't do it.

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    not a bad idea... why don't you suggest it in the suggestion box... or email Paul?