1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by p-nut95, May 29, 2007.

1. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I play a Warwick corvette $$ which is a beast but me and my brother have been getting into hip hop and i want a bass that is super fat sounding and im not really into fenders so i thinking maybe like a line 6 variax bass?? Def want it to be active.

2. Well I was gonna say get a P Bass but that's not your bag, so I'd say if you're looking for big dubby bottom mud, check out a Gibson EB series with the neck mudbucker.

FWIW, when I saw Akon on the Gwen Stefani tour (don't shoot me, my sister wanted me to come and I wanted to hear some No Doubt stuff :bag: ) his bassist was using a Cort Corbow 5 string. He had basically nothing above 100 Hz. Just bottom all day, although that came from his EQing, as the Corbow has fairly good tonal balance IME.

3. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    wow.

If you feel like kindly using the little warning symbol and let the Mod take care of it like the rest of us that would be nice you know?

That being said, if Fenders are not your bag, there are some other basses out there that would work but I would steer you away from the Variax. They are pretty crummy IMHO and eat batteries like crazy. They don't sound the great. Line6 has this habit of getting close but never nailing it, and that bass was made to sound like a few Fenders with a synth and upright thrown on it, all very unusable from what i've experienced.

If you want it fat, you cant beat a P-bass with a tone control rolled off, running through an 18" with no highs.

4. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Good point, post deleted. Every other forum I'm on has the warning thing on the left, I didn't even see it over there.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021