1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HELP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JonnyBoy64, Aug 12, 2007.

1. JonnyBoy64

JonnyBoy64

Aug 12, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    so my friend gave me this cab and head..but there is no name to be found on it...and i want to do some research on it to possibly fix it up and use it....it is an all tube amp but by the looks of it...very vintage...i have my friend working on it now but he can only do so much without schematics.....oh by the way i am new here so thanks in advance for any help

it is the one on the right of the pic gear.

2. Muckaluck

Muckaluck

Oct 11, 2005
    Whitby, Ontario
    Am I troubled or can I not see the head you're referring to?

3. JonnyBoy64

JonnyBoy64

Aug 12, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    well my friend has the head..he is working on it but the cab on the left is the cab that matches the head....and the bolt logo is a sticker that covers up a crescent design on the cab but it cant get it off

4. By left I'm assuming U mean RIGHT??????

5. JonnyBoy64

JonnyBoy64

Aug 12, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    yeah thats what i meant...i said right on the first post...boy do i feel dumb

6. No thats fine - we're ALL bass players here! ;-)

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    ROFC (ROF chuckling)

8. JonnyBoy64

JonnyBoy64

Aug 12, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    bump

9. JonnyBoy64

JonnyBoy64

Aug 12, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    does anyone reconize the cab on the right of the pic??......will get pic of the head soon...but my friend that is working on it dates it maybe late 50's early 60's

10. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    I don't recognize it...but if a friend just gave it to you, ya can't go wrong with free gear. right?

11. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    It looks like 4 speakers, are they 10 or 12"?

Does the jackplate on the back have any identifying writing or marks? Maybe a picture of that will help.

Finally, I'm sure the sticker can be removed with a bit of Goo-Be-Gone or similar.

12. JonnyBoy64

JonnyBoy64

Aug 12, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    i believe the speakers are 10's not 100% sure though...and the jake plate has nothing around it....it is just a jack on the back of the cab....i will be getting pics of the head that goes with it here soon but there is no name on it either....ohh and i did get the sticker off for the most part but it is just some swirls...no name..ohh and for foxworthy...no you cant go wrong with free gear but i am just really curious to know what it is exactly

13. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Looks like a PA cab to me but I could be wrong.

Here's what you can do. Take out one of the speakers and read what it says on the back of it.

14. JonnyBoy64

JonnyBoy64

Aug 12, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    well i finally did find out what the head was....it is a Montgomery Ward model GIM-9171A...i belive it is 100-125 watts...cant seem to find a whole lot of info right now...but i am still looking...but thanks to anyone that help me with what you could